The following are the rules and conditions applicable to the Yukon Mining & Geology Week WHERE Challenge
- To be eligible for the Yukon WHERE Challenge (the “Contest”), a participant must be a legal resident of Canada attending school in the Yukon between Grade 3-12, during the Contest submission period of April 20th and May 8th 2020 (“Contest Period”)
- Yukon Chamber of Mines may at any time require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Yukon Chamber of Mines for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading.
- Yukon Chamber of Mines may disqualify any entry or entrant in its sole discretion, should any entry or entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- All entries must be submitted in a digital format.
- All entries must be submitted between April 20th and May 8th. Late entries will not be considered.
- Entries will be declared invalid if they are illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced.
- Eligible videos must (a) be a maximum of two minutes in length—any entries exceeding this limit will be disallowed; (b) be submitted in YouTube Supported Formats; (c) be in English or French; (d) not contain any inappropriate content including, but not limited to, content prohibited by law (invasion of privacy, defamation, copyright infringement) and (e) include a supporting script or storyboard.
- All footage used in the videos is to be original. The videos must not contain any images not created by the entrants (such as pictures, photographs, stock film or images from the internet) unless clearance to use them has been received. Proof of clearance may be requested if the video is selected for an award.
- Entrants are encouraged to use only original music in their videos or to use royalty-free and rights-free music. Any music used must be accompanied by the appropriate permissions and clearances. Proof of clearance may be requested if the video is selected as a prize winner.
OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
- All entries submitted become the sole property of Yukon Chamber of Mines and none will be returned for any reason.
- On or before May 8th, 2020, all winners will be selected by the judges from all eligible entries received. The judges, at their absolute discretion, shall select the winners based upon which entries best meet the contest criteria. All decisions of the judges will be final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
- The selected potential winners will be notified by telephone and/or email no later than the week of May 15th, 2020 and must respond within one week (7 days) of notification. The selected potential winners’ response and consent form must be received within one week (7 days) of such notification. If the selected potential winners do not respond in accordance with these Contest Rules, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another potential winner will be selected. Yukon Chamber of Mines and Yukon WHERE Challenge partners are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Yukon Chamber of Mines to receive a selected potential winner’s response.